History of Steele County Historical Society
The Steele County Historical Society (SCHS) was established in 1949 to preserve the history of Steele County. In 1962 with the arrival of the SACO Church, the Village of Yesteryear was established. Now with 19 structures, the latest acquisition being the 1931 Standard Oil gas station, the Village has become a landmark in the county and a historic treasure with visitors from all over the United States and many other countries. The History Center became a reality upon opening in April 2012 to provide exhibits on topics beyond the pioneer village, a research library for visitors, a venue for meetings and archival storage.
History – Timeline Of Steele County
Click here to view the Steele County Historical Society Timeline of Steele County.